Monday, February 28, 2011

In Human We Trust

“Say not that you understand, for I see through thy hollow eyes and into thy soul. Thou doth not embrace Human as his savoir!” The words spewed forth like arrows of fire, the fury on God’s face, however, stood more terrifying than his booming speech.
 As he gazed upon with me with hate, I remained silent. The elders formed an arch of angel around God and myself. Wings marked the shadow less realm of sunlight that was heaven.
 “Was it not we that were made in the image of Human?” God asked me more calmly, waving his right arm across his body to extenuate his point. “Human created I, and from me I spawn Jesus from my thought. The line of elder is known to you, yet you show no respect for the divine ones!”
 “May I speak?” I ask quietly.
 God frowns slightly and narrows his left eye as thought he is in pain. Giving me a nod of approval, I continue.
 “How is it that we have come to worship a being so frail and impermanent? Though we may be the children of Human, he will soon perish and leave the next Human upon the throne to reign over earth. They die so hastily that we have not the time to orient ourselves with the last before the arrival of the new. Statues are torn down, scrolls re-written, all to accommodate a woman that was a man, or a man that was a woman…”
 “How dare you speak the title of their power!” God interjected in rage so sudden I thought he would surely strike me. But he did not, and took a moment to clam himself. “It was they who created us; born of their imagination and kindness. Without Human we would not be.”
 “I understand this, but…”
 “Silence! Did I not tell you that I saw through your hollow eyes? Your right to speak is forfeit, as is your place in heaven.” God motioned to Gabriel to move forward and restrain me.
 “You will render your remaining days in Hell, result of thy own blasphemy toward the divine one.”
 “You know not how to cast me to hell!” I yelled angrily, struggling to remain free of Gabriel’s grasp. “Hell is a fabric of Human that we cannot see, we do not even know if the Fiery Lake is yet created!”
 “Human will show us our path, for trust in Human we must”, was all God offered as I was dragged away.
 Behind me, I could her the faint unison of the elders breathe: “Human watch over us, and we shall not despair, for Human is all that is Holy.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment